Built by Baker Bros. in the early 1900s and known as the “Top Shop” by reason of position, not status! It was run in conjunction with the “Corner Shop” by the family. The premises passed to Mrs.M.Baker in 1935. She remodelled the shop front, converted the adjoining garage into a butcher shop and opened the original section as “Distingue” fashions. From 1946 the shop changed hands a number of times and for many years was a drapery and chemist agency. The shop once housed the “Barley Bin” craft studio and more recently “The Paper Nymph” producing items made from recycled paper. Perc Hayes was the first to run the butcher shop. Of course, it, too, has had several owners over the years and recently hosted its 10th butcher in residence!