St. Brigid’s Roman Catholic Church
On 30th April 1876, about 8 years after the new settlers arrived in the Warooka district, the foundation stone of St. Brigid’s Church was laid by Dr. Reynolds, Bishop and later, Archbishop of Adelaide. The cost of the original building was £500 and the builder was local tradesman Mr. J. McCabe. The material used was mostly swamp flagstone, which was easily risen and easily cut, facilitating quick building. The new church was used as a Catholic school from 1877 to 1879, with staff provided by the Sisters of St. Joseph. A Vestry and a porch were added to the building in later years, and over the years several beautiful gifts have been made as memorials. The church building is still in excellent condition, a silent tribute to a small band of parishioners who have kept the building repaired and painted.