St. James Anglican Church
From the time of settlement the Anglican Community has been present in the Warooka and district area, and for many years services were held in the original Institute Hall. In 1890 Mr. James Day provided land for an Anglican Church building, however, his dream was not to be realised for 37 years. Plans eventually got under way for the erection of a white stone building with grey pillars, two side entrances and eight coloured glass windows. Mr. A.T. Bennett carted stone from his property north of Mt.Gore and Mr. Bert Kessner did the building. The foundation stone was laid on 28th September 1926. The Vestry was built later and dedicated on 25th February 1934 by the Rev. Raymond Walker.